Turn $1 into $4 for Floyd Families & Farmers
It probably wouldn’t surprise you to hear that some Floyd County families go to bed hungry. Or that some of local farms are struggling to make ends meet. To help fill these needs, our Floyd Farmers Market SNAP Program allows Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) beneficiaries to use their electronic benefits card at the Market on fresh produce and local foods.
Where Does My Donation Go?
To provide local food for the whole community, SustainFloyd and the Floyd County Multidisciplinary Team provided an EBT (food stamp) machine at the market so food stamp recipients can buy fresh, healthy produce and goods from our local growers. The Floyd Farmers Market SNAP Program is made possible through New River Valley Community Services, and offers Double Value Coupons where the consumer receives a double amount in value of fresh market goods. Your donation will:
- Make local food available to ALL of our community, even low-income families.
- Support our local farmers.
- Support the local Floyd economy. Otherwise, those SNAP dollars are often spent at chain grocery stores, never to be seen again in our community.
How Does It Work?
For every dollar you donate, the SNAP program will match it. Then we’ll turn that into Double Value Coupons, which means your donation is multiplied by four to help our Floyd families and farmers.
How Do I Donate?
- Mail your donation to: The MD Team, c/o Lori Kaluszka, PO Box 283, Floyd, VA 24091
- Stop by the Market on Saturday mornings and make a donation at our Information Table
- Donate online by using the form on this page.
100% of your tax deductible donation will go to our SNAP Program