As many of you are aware, the climate of the planet is changing rapidly. The ice caps are melting at an alarming rate and weather abnormalities are occurring more frequently. The United States now stands along among all nations in our refusal to take part in the Paris Climate Agreement, an agreement signed by 194 countries. Because of this, we, at SustainFloyd, are taking a step toward making a Climate Change Pledge.
We invite you to join us and many other governors, mayors, and individuals, in making a personal pledge to stop or reverse the outcomes of climate change. By clicking the download button below, you’ll receive a FREE Pledge document ready for your personal signature with artwork created by Julia Bollinger of the well-known Village Green Maple Tree in the center of Floyd, Virginia as a personal reminder for our Twenty-Twenty Pledge.
Take the Pledge
By 2020 I pledge to do my best to:
- reduce my personal consumption of fossil fuels by 20%
- reduce the amount of stuff I waste and throw away by 20%
- support my local economy by shopping closer to home and choosing more local products
You will also receive a FREE data sheet of dozens of tips and tricks to reducing waste in your home. A few ideas include:
- Turn off lights when not in use and use natural day light whenever possible and use CFL or LED bulbs as they burn out.
- Check your car tire pressure. Low tire pressure will cause the car to work harder and burn fuel faster.
- Compost your food scraps rather than throwing them away.
We must stand together today for the sake of a livable tomorrow. Join us in making a difference in our community and making it spread through the world. #takethepledge
Donate to Receive a Framed Pledge
For those who would like to donate to our organization, we are offering a gorgeous framed and matted version of The Pledge document that can be hung in your home as a testament for your commitment to sustaining our community and planet.
Simply go to our donation page and select the Personal Climate Pledge button to make a $60 donation. Once you make your contribution, we will put the frame, a refrigerator magnet, and accompanying documents in the mail.