The SustainFloyd organization is powered by an active board of directors, committed group of community advisors, dedicated volunteer base, and a part-time administrator to keep everything flowing.
Together, their efforts support a wide range of ongoing and emerging programs, projects, and activities.
What Membership Means
- You keep up to date with our activities
- You hear about volunteer opportunities
- You meet others interested in sustainability
- You can share your ideas
- You get a SustainFloyd window-cling sticker to show your support
As a Member We Hope
- You will spread the word about our work
- You will engage in our programs
- You will volunteer
- You will share your ideas
- You will contribute to the organization
We welcome you to join the conversation and participate in SustainFloyd’s activities.
With the wide scope of our interest, embracing all aspects of environmental preservation, we appreciate support with our ongoing programs and we are open to developing new projects in line with our mission.
Sign up in person at our office or use the contact form below to become a member.
Our organization began as the result of a community coming together to make a difference. We realize that to create a sustainable community in Floyd County and beyond, we must join our time, creativity, expertise and ideas.
We have been fortunate to have a large, committed group of volunteers including our all-volunteer Board of Directors. Countless others also have donated their time and talents in organizing projects such as the Floyd Community Market, Farm to School and other educational, fundraising and awareness projects.
SustainFloyd regularly uses volunteers to assist in carrying out projects. Are you looking to help out and engage with the Floyd community? Here are a few different options for volunteering:
- Volunteer to help out with a workday on our Working Model Farm.
- Work the SNAP/EBT booth at the Floyd Farmers Market.
- Assist at one of our Film Series events.
- Help out at one of our Breakfasts at the Market.
- Volunteer for a Farm to School event.
- Distribute brochures, fliers and rack cards for the Floyd Artisan Trail Tour in nearby communities like the Roanoke Valley and New River Valley.
- Help out during a Voluntours trip.
- Provide specific skills, such as legal, financial and social networking skills.
Not all of these opportunities are available all the time, but they give a sampling of the kinds of things volunteers with SustainFloyd can do.