Our organization began as the result of a community coming together to make a difference. We realize that to create a sustainable community in Floyd County and beyond, we must join our time, creativity, expertise and ideas.
We have been fortunate to have a large, committed group of volunteers including our all-volunteer Board of Directors. Countless others also have donated their time and talents in organizing projects such as the Floyd Community Market, Farm to School and other educational, fundraising and awareness projects.
SustainFloyd regularly uses volunteers to assist in carrying out projects. Are you looking to help out and engage with the Floyd community? Here are a few different options for volunteering:
- Volunteer to help out with a workday on our Working Model Farm.
- Work the SNAP/EBT booth at the Floyd Farmers Market.
- Assist at one of our Film Series events.
- Help out at one of our Breakfasts at the Market.
- Volunteer for a Farm to School event.
- Distribute brochures, fliers and rack cards for the Floyd Artisan Trail Tour in nearby communities like the Roanoke Valley and New River Valley.
- Help out during a Voluntours trip.
- Provide specific skills, such as legal, financial and social networking skills.
Not all of these opportunities are available all the time, but they give a sampling of the kinds of things volunteers with SustainFloyd can do.